Med+Safe for Training Organisations
Med+Safe can be incorporated in to any University, TAFE or RTO training curriculum
Training organisations include Universities, TAFE colleges and RTO’s. Licenses offer the following key benefits:
- Provides all students with online access 24/7/365 from almost any device that can connect to the Internet
- In line with the latest best practice guidelines and aligned to NSQHS Standard 4
- Can be used in the classroom reducing educators’ preparation time and costs
- Offers automatically generated and marked tutorials and assessments
- Regularly updated constantly broadening the scope of medication safety content covered
- A guaranteed return on investment
University of Wollongong (UOW) Case Study
(Pages 12-18 summarise the results).
Key Points from the trial include:
- Students were set an exam at a specific time and date during the exam period. The ten question Numeracy exam was undertaken online through the Med+Safe® programme with a first sit pass rate of 92%. Only one student failed and was supported through the academic consideration process and with remedial work to resit.
- In previous years a written ten question quiz was undertaken in the classroom with a first attempt pass rate of 60% (average across years). A great number of hours were then required to support students through remedial work and with resit opportunities for the tutors and the Subject Coordinator.
- Over 93% of respondents Agreed or strongly agreed that the Med+Safe online module helped improve understanding of both numeracy in general, medication calculation and of medication administration.
- More than 90% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that the modules were engaging, accurately measured what they were learning, and 88.56 found the module to be authentic and real world. More than 88% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that the modules; stimulated critical thinking; stimulated their interest in medication administration; were easy to navigate and easy to use; suited their learning style and enabled them to create an individual learner centred pathway using the activities and sections in the programme.
- Crucially – respondents strongly agreed (41.29%) or agreed (49.75%) that they felt more prepared for workplace experience through engaging in the Med+Safe module and over 94% of respondents felt more confident about medication administration.
“The software was useful in the way it showed you the medication order on the med chart and the stock strength in the actual bottle or vial. I was able to visualise it much easier than what I could if I just had a question written on paper.”